Saturday, April 11, 2015

Deciding it Was a Good Day

I don't think this quote is from this General Conference, but it's relevant to something I could blog about, so I think I'll share it anyway.


Today was a good day, partly because I decided that it was a good day.

It started with some homework, but it was quick and easy, so thank goodness for that.

I'm waiting on two of my teachers for information about upcoming assignments, but since I don't have to (or can't) do those assignments until I get that information, not hearing from my teachers means that I don't have to worry about those assignments yet.

I went on a errand and had bike trouble, but it safely alerted me of a potentially dangerous problem, enabled me to discover an alternate transportation option, and the timing may work out to get a good new bike for cheaper than I'd have expected.

I watched a movie that wasn't quite as good as I expected, but it had some good parts, so I should really focus on that.

Mom and I went to a meeting that ended up not happening, and we could have been bitter about time wasted in traveling, but instead we used that time to talk about the movie we had just watched, what was good or bad about it, and how we might have changed it.

With the unexpected free time we were given, we mowed the lawn and pulled weeds, which, while not one of my favorite chores, wasn't too terrible, and it improved the appearance of our yard.

For dinner, we had hamburgers and I had mine with cheese. The cheese melted all over the burger and made a mess, but it still tasted good, and Mom assured me that it probably wouldn't be too hard to clean up.

And right now, the computer is being very slow, probably too slow for a youtube video I wanted to watch, but at least it seems to be working well enough for me to blog, and I can always watch the video later.

All in all, it was a decent day. It could have been better, but it was still alright. And part of what made this a good day was me deciding that it was a good day. And you know what? No matter what happens tomorrow, tomorrow will be a good day, too.

No comments: