Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Gift of Family

This evening, we commemorated my birthday with a small family gathering. We enjoyed a wonderful meal prepared by my mother and a fabulous dessert made by my sister. We also had good conversations and played a zany variation of my favorite card game, UNO. It was a great night. No physical gifts were exchanged (unless you count the portions of the meal my siblings brought) but none were needed. Virtually anyone in the world could serve as an example of the fact that physical possessions don't make people truly happy, but a loving family can. Spending a fun and pleasant evening with a few members of my family made me very happy. Even if that had been all I had gotten or would get for my birthday, this one evening with family was gift enough for me.

No comments: