Saturday, September 3, 2016

Rest Later

This is just going to be a short, lame blog post about why this is a short, lame blog post. When I got home today, I was tired. I had had a long day with many great moments in it, plus a few moments that weren't so great, but in all, it was pretty tiring. So, before trying to figure out what to blog about, I decided to rest for a few minutes, check out my Facebook notifications, and maybe watch a Youtube video or two, and I'm sure you can all guess what happened after that.

Rest is important. It is sometimes necessary to unwind after a long day. But not while there's still work that needs to be done. In those final moments of the day, when you're almost done with your daily tasks, but you still have one or two more things to do before you can call it a day, that is when you need to dig deep, give your labors one final effort, and then collapse on your bed, or do any other restful thing. Just before you cross the finish line is not a good time to stop and catch your breath, especially when you're on a timer. I just ran out of time to blog "today," partly because I rested too soon.

Rest assured that, "tomorrow," I won't make the same mistake.

No comments: