Saturday, August 19, 2017

Countdown to Conference (Thankfully)

It has just occurred to me that August is more than half over, and then we'll only have one month left until next General Conference. I'm looking forward to it. I'm especially looking forward to the spiritual recharge I expect to get from Conference. I'll admit that I feel pretty drained right now, and I have low hopes for my Primary lesson tomorrow because of that. I hope that I'll be able to muster the spiritual strength to attract and follow the Spirit as I prepare and teach my lesson tomorrow. I need the Spirit's help to fulfil my calling and to get through my daily life. It's been too long since the last time I got the kind of spiritual recharge I get from General Conference. I can't wait to get revitalized by the next one.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

You don't need to wait. Pull out those old Sunday School and missionary answers. It takes real effort and sometimes patience. And sincere desire.

My stumbling blocks include fear- of what? not sure. Failure? (maybe so) having to give up favorite sins? (ouch! that's one for sure), God finding out how bad I am (like He doesn't already know). Ok I don't even want to face up to what some of my stumbling blocks are. But I know that God's promises are real and also (I was going to say threats, but let's say) His warnings. We will have to stand before Him and face our sins eventually. I am pretty sure that it is easier (note I did not say EASY) to do so now than later.

He said that if we seek we shall find. We need to put a little more into seeking and not just glance up from our entertainments and chores now and then.