Friday, August 25, 2017

Having Trouble Blogging

How did blogging get this difficult? I have thoughts that I think may be worth sharing, but I'm finding it almost impossible to put those thoughts into words that I'm willing to post on the internet. There are SO many thoughts I'd like to discuss, except that they're unpopular and politically-charged. There are a handful of half-baked thoughts that I would share, if only I could figure out how to express them. And, of course, there are countless blogworthy scriptures and Conference quotes, but none of them seem particularly interesting to me right now. I used to be able to find blogworthy analogies in everyday life rather easily. What changed?

It could be, as some suspect, that I spend too much time on entertainment and not enough time with spiritual matters, but I'm not sure that's the problem. I've actually been doing fairly well at keeping up with my personal prayers and scripture study lately, and many of my blog posts are inspired by the entertainment I follow. Perhaps it's not that I've spent too much time on my entertainment, but that I haven't spent enough thought on it.

This afternoon, I watched one of the movies I borrowed from the library the other day, and I'm sure that, had I been paying enough attention, I could have picked up a spiritual thought that I could have safely and easily shared in my blog post tonight, instead of spending half the night wondering why it was taking me half a night to blog about something.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to keep my mind open to inspiration from any source, and I'm going to pray for the ability and courage to share it.

2 comments:

Michaela Stephens said...

You're not the only one who is having troubles. I've been having a hard time too. Keep going. Don't let Satan silence you.

Andrew Robarts said...

Thanks for the encouragement.