Monday, February 19, 2018

Nature Heals

I was feeling tired, frustrated at my lack of progress on my paper and in a few other areas of my life. I was grumpy and unhappy, and I still needed to blog. I tried to think of anything that happened today that I could blog about, and nothing really came to mind, so I went on Facebook, and nothing there did anything to improve my mood, except for this:


I don't know why this little blue bird made me feel so much better, but just looking at this image helped me feel at peace again. Of course, I still need to work on my paper and much of the house could still use cleaning. Scheduling is still an issue, and I have several personal challenges to work on as well. But this bird, somehow, makes me feel better about all of that. Maybe the beauty of nature is helping me realize how little some things really matter. Years from now, I'm not going to care how well I did on my Descartes paper. It's not ultimately going to matter how much cleaning got done. Yes, my personal challenges are still a priority, but I should keep my temporary challenges in perspective. My situation is not as bleak as it seemed an hour or two ago, and somehow, this simple picture of a little blue bird has helped me realize that.

No comments: