Thursday, May 24, 2018

Healing Word

In my family scripture reading tonight, we read Jacob 2. In this chapter, Jacob speaks strongly against those who "are beginning to labor in sin" (Jacob 2:5), but first he explains how reluctant he is to do so, considering the number of faithful people who have also come to hear Jacob speak. Of the righteous congregants, Jacob said "And it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul" (Jacob 2: 8).

Jacob's messages, both to the righteous and to the unrighteous, are blogworthy, but tonight I just wanted to add my testimony to Jacob's that "the pleasing word of God" truly "healeth the wounded soul." There have been many times when I was going through a rough patch, but was helped by remembering the word of God in the form of a scripture or a hymn or a fresh piece of inspiration sent directly to me. Though inspiration, God has confirmed my divine value and potential when I needed that reminder most. God has helped me see the eternal perspective when things were going wrong, and He had forgiven me and healed me of spiritual wounds that I had caused myself.

So, I urge you, when you go through a hard time, when you find that your soul has been wounded, no matter who or what has done the wounding, turn to the word of God. Read a scripture. Sing a hymn. Pray for inspiration. I am certain that if you do those three things, something in the word of God will speak to you and will offer some healing for your soul. The wound may take time to fully heal, but the process will begin as soon as you turn to "the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul."

No comments: