Sunday, April 7, 2019

Defense

Many of the General Conference talks this weekend were particularly interesting to me, and a few of them reminded me of why I titled my blog The Armor of God. We are in a spiritual war, and we need to fortify ourselves in order to survive. Satan is fighting as hard as ever, if not harder, and we need to be well-fortified in order to withstand his attacks. As I review these talks over the next six months, I'm going to think about practical ways to increase my ability to resist and escape temptation, knowing that Satan's attacks will only become more frequent as he exerts his influence on the world. Fortunately, the scriptures and some of the recent General Conference talks include tips and strategies for defeating Satan. We can withstand all of his attacks, but only if we act carefully and make sure we have strong defenses.

No comments: