Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Looking for Messages

I don't really have any excuse for feeling like I don't have anything to blog about. Inspiration is everywhere, if we take the time to look for it. Some of my better blog posts explore spiritual lessons learned from everyday life. If I don't have a new spiritual lesson at the end of each day, it's because I haven't been looking for it or thinking about it. Apparently, I haven't been spending enough time reflecting on spiritual matters. Sure, I sometimes pick up on obvious analogies, but I rarely look at ordinary things and think "Huh, I bet there's a lesson in there." At least, not anymore. I should try to change that. I should ponder more. The world is full of spiritual messages (and blog post ideas). I just need to look for them.

On a related note, there's a good deal of light in the house right now, despite it being night time, mostly because we haven't turned the lights off yet. It's wonderful that we can have light in the midst of darkness, but in real life, it's not as easy. We can't expect to keep light around us merely by forgetting to turn it off. We have to continually remember and work to keep the light on. Fending off the darkness takes constant effort, not a lack of it.

There. That was a half-decent spiritual message, and all I had to do to get it was spend a few minutes thinking about it. I should do that more often.

No comments: