Monday, April 29, 2019

Our Latest Tradition

We had Family Home Evening this evening. Now, this isn't terribly remarkable, since we've been having Family Home Evening every week for a few months now, but that's what makes it remarkable. In my home, we have always had Family Prayer and Scripture Study, every night, for as long as I can remember. Having weekly Family Home Evening is relatively new, but it's already a regular occurrence, thanks entirely to my mother. She works hard to make sure we have good family traditions, and it's been working. Adding Family Home Evening to our list of traditions is just the latest way my mom has improved our family. President Henry B. Eyring recently spoke about how we can cultivate A Home Where the Spirit of the Lord Dwells. My Mom has been doing that for all my life and for most of hers. I'm grateful to her for establishing good traditions like Family Prayer and Scripture Study and Family Home Evening, and for regularly striving to establish additional traditions. She makes our home a better place simply by being a member of it, and she continues to improve our home and our lives by establishing and maintaining good, gospel-oriented, family traditions.

No comments: