Tuesday, August 13, 2019

On Not Looking for Blogworthy Thoughts

I know that there are spiritual messages all around us, and I know that, if I paid better attention, I would notice some of them, and I know that if I spent more time pondering those messages, I would probably remember them long enough to blog about them. Yet, that's not what happens. I go about my life, not really paying enough attention to anything, and then the night comes, and I grasp at straws to find something even vaguely blogworthy. If only I spent more time thinking about spiritual matters throughout the day, rather than just at the end of the day. I suppose that's part of the reason missionaries typically hold their personal and companionship studies in the morning. I suppose I should, too.

I often struggle to find things to blog about, and I think that's because I don't start trying until it's late and I'm tired. That may be why, ages ago, I decided to set a goal to always blog during the daytime. I won't promise to bring that back, but I will promise to read some scriptures before sunset tomorrow. Maybe there'll be something blogworthy in them.

No comments: