Monday, May 10, 2010

May 10, 2010

Dear Home,

Today, Elder Jons and I moved ALL of our stuff from the apartment where we used to live to the apartment we'll be living in from now on (while we're still serving in Flin Flon). But to those whom it may concern, my mailing address hasn't changed.


The bad news is that moving to the new apartment and cleaning up the old one took up a LOT of our P-Day time, and after having sent a return Email to the only person who emailed me this week, I now have very little time left. =/

On Tuesday, we helped Brother Angell, the man who owns the motel we live in, chop some wood up into burnable pieces. On Wednesday, we were sore, and we saw a fox running along the side of the road. I got a blurry picture, but I forgot the wires I need, so I can't Email you the picture now. I don't have time anyway.


Other than that, the only thing I have to write about is talking to my family yesterday. I owe my whole family a BIG apology, especially to those I didn't get to talk to. I guess I forgot the Mother's Day is still a working day for us missionaries, so we can only spend so much of the Lord's time talking to my family. I will get the chance to talk to you all again, for as long as we want, but right now- these two years- is the only chance I have to teach and testify to the people in Canada as a full-time missionary. I need to use my time more wisely. I regret to say that I wasted far to much time talking about things of very little importance, but hopefully, I will have learned from my mistakes, and I'll be able to pass what I learn onto my brother before he leaves on his mission, so he doesn't have to make the same mistakes as I made. To put what I've learned in a nutshell. On Christmas, missionaries have just about all the time in the world to talk to every member of their family for as long as they want (no matter what the white handbook says), but Mother's Day is a work day, and a special day in honor of MOTHERS! If I had another Mother's Day on my mission, I would limit myself to One Hour on the phone with my family, and I would spend ALL of it, or at LEAST 45 minutes talking with my Mom.


But now I have no time left to write or talk to anyone.


Many regrets,

Your time-denied missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Yeah, the rules just depend on whatever your mission president decides, so it is different in different missions.

It was good to talk with you!

"But I just want to say that all this nothing has meant more to me than so many somethings. ..."
(Ruth & I watched "You've got Mail" yesterday.)

I am sure the ones who didn't get to talk don't blame you. We can let them talk first next time, & like you said, soon enough your mission will be over & you'll be able to talk all you want.

Don't worry about things you can't change. Just take note of what you've learned & focus on the good things. :)

I hope you like your new apartment!