Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010

Dear Home,
 
Where on Earth does all my time go?? Maybe I spent too much time writing to individuals, but those that I wrote to were VERY important individuals to me. I tried to be breif, but at the same time, I had to write SOMETHING. Do you know what I mean? Anyway, long story short, I have 20 minutes left. -sigh- I hate Mondays.
 
So, a lot of you know that I recently celebrated my 21st birthday, and many of you wished me to have a happy one. Thanks to the many kind and wonderful members in the area, I did. ^^
 
Sister Cooper, who has us over for dinner occasionally, found out that her son and I share a birthdate (we turned the same age on the same day), so she invited us over for dinner again a few days before my birthday and gave me a birthday present which I wasn't going to open until my birthday, but Sister Cooper (being a super nice and generous woman) also gave Elder Jons the same thing, and he was excited, so we opened our gifts that night. There was lots of candy, gum, and mints to enjoy, also Subway Gift cards (I had sandwiches for lunch on my B-Day. ^^), nice dress socks, and lots of expensive-looking shaving supplies. Unfortunately, I don't use a straight-edge razor (for fear of slicing all my acne off and scarring up my face), so I gave all the shaving stuff I got to Elder Jons. Now He's set for the rest of his Mission!
 
On my actual birthday, the Angells invited us over to dinner. We had hamburgers and baked potatoes (( Side note: For my 22nd birthday dinner, I want hamburgers. ^^ )), and after dinner, we had cake and ice cream and green jello. Jello is and Angells family tradition. Another sidenote, they accidentally put 22 candles on the cake, unsure of how old I was turning (I actually like it better that way.). I blew them all out with one breath. ^^ Yay for having strong breath! xD And the Angells gave my a birthday present, too, which also included more shaving cream for Elder Jons. Lol.
 
My time is up. =( I love you! I'll write ya'll again next week!
 
Love, your happy, 21 year old missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts
 
PS, If Elder Bryson is still in the Area, tell him I said 'Hi' ^^
 
 
-sneaks back on really quick-

Dear Home,

I /did/ tell you that I'm staying in Flin Flon for another six weeks,
right??? It would be /very/ foolish of me to have forgotten that!! But
anyway, I'm staying, which is great news for me because I love it here
(and I know that a few packages of mine are already on their way
here). Elder Jons is staying here too, which I'm very happy about. All
is well. =)

Love, Elder Robarts

No comments: