Monday, May 17, 2010

May 17, 2010

Dear Home,
 
Due to the rapid progression of time and the weight of all that has been done and has to be done, my head has begun to spin. Or overheat.
 
What I did earlier in the week doesnt seem nearly as important as what's happening now, but I'll tell you about it anyway.
 
On Tuesday, we left the apartment early in the morning to travel to Prince Albert (a Four Hour Drive) so we could attend District Meeting in person and go on an exchange with the District Leader and his companion. It was a nice (long) drive, and we were very excited when we saw a moose along the way. I took a good picture, which I'll have to try to Email you next week.
 
On Wednesday, we traveled back to Flin Flon. That took up most of our day, but we also got to take our truck in for an oil change and have a Teaching Evaluation with our District Leader before we left. Not very exciting, eh?
 
On Thursday, something exciting did happen. I saw something that I thought I would never see anywhere except within the walls of my own home: Plastic Kool-Aid Cups. The Davises had us over for dinner, and the kids were drinking out of fun, plastic cups, while we adults got the plain, glass ones. Life is so unfair. =P (They even had a plastic Kool-Aid pitcher to match!)
 
On Friday, we saw another fox. This one was sitting on the side of the road and crossed the street after we passed. No picture (Sorry!). I also ate a piece of Cookies and Cream hard candy and thought of my Mom. ^^ I love my Mom. =)
 
That's about all that has happened lately, but what's coming up is going to blow my head apart, and it'll probably give my family yet another good reason to be mad at me. Transfer calls are a week from yesterday, and since the mail usually takes a while to get this far north, the birthday presents that you've been sending me (Thank you so much, by the way. I really don't deserve it. It's actually a little embarassing, the amount of mail I get. I'm so richly blessed, but that's a litle beside the point right now.) Those packages might not get to me until after we get the news and make the change, and I have a reason to believe that I might be changing my address in a week. =/
 
See, even though I LOVE this area and my companion, and even though my companion has been here for three months longer than I have and is soon due for a change of scenery, President Paulson (the man who tells us where we go and how long we stay) realized a few weeks ago that he made a mistake when he sent me to Flin Flon. It's a four hour drive to get from here to Prince Albert, and, for safety reasons, President Paulson would like us to switch drivers every hour or two, just so the driver doesn't get drowsy from the monotony of the terrain. The only problem with that idea is that I can't drive. I don't have a driver's licence. President Paulson made a comment that he forgot that about me when he assigned me to serve in Flin Flon. So the question becomes: Will President Paulson correct his mistake as soon as possible (next week), or will he let me stay here a little longer because things are going so well for us right now? I'm worried. And if I'm called to another part of the mission, I'm worried that anything you have sent to me over the passed week might take a while to follow me back down to Saskatoon, or Regina, or Winnipeg, or wherever I end up.
 
Cheery thoughts, eh? =S But on a brighter note, I'm celebrating my 21st birthday next Saturday! -tries to sound excited- Yaaaay! And I'm going to drink a lot a Root Beer! Yaaaaaaay! With maybe some ice cream in it! We'll see.
 
We will see... -gets worried again-
 
Talk to you next week.
 
Love, your worried missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

1 comment:

Miriam said...

You shouldn't worry so much! Things always work out.