Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010 email exchange

I don't know if  this is all we are getting this week or not.  : ]

Dear Mom,
I'm going to try doing what Elder Jons said he does, adding comments to the Email you sent me as my reply. It'll be about the same content as usual, but hopefully It'll be easier for you to follow.
On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 12:27 AM, Barbara <motherof8robarts@gmail.com> wrote:
Bits May 17-23
Monday - we ate some peas we grew from seed - straight from the pod - sweet and tasty!
 (( Yummy peas! =D I'm so glad they turned out well for you! =D ))

Thursday  was the last day to apply for the Fort Bragg. I didn't.
(( Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I know you like the people that you're working with, but also that your job is sometimes very stressful. I also know that you love the children and grandchildren that live in and near Sacramento, but that you also have beloved relatives in (or near?) Fort Bragg. Maybe this staying-the-same-ness is bittersweet for you. It certainly has both pros and cons. I'm not sure what I would've done if I was in your shoes (besides pray) =S ))

Saturday -   I hope your birthday is (was) happy. I suppose for a missionary that would mean either a baptism, a good contact, or a well recieved lesson. Or an awesome wildlife sighting would be good, too.
(( I did have a happy birthday. Thank you so much for wishing it on me! ^^ We, in fact, DID have a good contact/well recieved lesson. Her name is -thinks- would Barbara be an okay name for her? Or maybe Ruth. Anyway, she was really interested in how our church was founded and organized. She wants to check out the General Conference website and learn more about our church from us. She became a new investigator (which is really exciting these days, as new investigators don't happen as often as they used to, for some reason). I'm really excited for teaching her again this Sunday. ^^ ))

We - 8*3*5 &; I - are going to Yosemite for a week spring 2011!!!
 (Happy Homecoming & Happy Birthday 2011!)
 Make sure you start exercising every day if you want to climb Half Dome!
(( It took me a moment to realize what you were saying here. At first I thought 'What?? You're going to Yosemite?? Lucky!!! Send me pictures!' Then I realized that you're leaving after I get back- and I'm coming with you. We're so lucky!!! We have to take pictures!! =D Thank you some much for arranging this! =D I can't wait to get back to the apartment so I can put this on my calendar! Oh.. Wait, this is NEXT year. Nevermind about that calendar thing. But I'm still WAY excited! I'm looking forward to this! =DD ))

Love you! Mom
(( I love you, too!
Love, your Happy Missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts ))

No comments: