Monday, May 3, 2010

May 3, 2010

Dear Home,
 
The biggest thing that happened this week was Zone Conference. On Thursday morning, Elder Jons and I hit the road. We travelled for 4 hours to get to Prince Albert, spending the last leg of that journey pretending we had Southern accents. Somehow, we ended up role-playing a story about a man who inherited lots of exotic animals from a traveling zoo that went out of business, then had a hard time figuring out what to do with all those animals. That's what living in a small town like Flin Flon, then driving over flat terrain for 4 hours does to your mind.
 
Once we arrived in Prince Albert, we visited the missionaries who're serving there. They gave me two packages from home, one of which I was expecting, though it came sooner than I thought. That package was a pair of shoes meant to replace the shoes that I was wearing, which were starting to wear out. The other package was an Easter package, which I didn't know was comming. Both were greatly appreciated, especially the Easter package. There was so much good stuff in there! Chocolate, hot chocolate, instant oatmeal, and one of the CDs that I asked for, The Messiah, preformed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I love The Messiah, but I quickly got the impression that the other missionaries in the car didn't love it as much. I'll listen to it more later. ^^
 
Eventually, we got to Saskatoon, where Zone Confrenece was being held, and I was soon surprised with ANOTHER package! This was a Hump Day package, and it included a pedometer (which I'm currently wearing), a magne-doodle board, many missionary reminders to do fun and/or important things, and lots of candy. ^^ My mom is the best. =D
 
But I'm almost out of time, and I'm just about out of things to write home about, so I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. See you next week! Well, I won't actually SEE you, but you know what I mean. Stop being so technical! =P
 
I love you! -hugs everyone- -hugs Mom again- I'll talk to you next week. ^^ Happy Mother's Day!
 
Love, your far-far-north missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I hope Elder Jons likes the Messiah. That was nice of you to be considerate of the other missionaries. Is it the whole thing--or just some of the songs? If it is the whole thing, that would be pretty cool. I can see where some people would get tired of it though, especially if it's not Christmas.

It sounds like you and Elder Jons get along well together. Your game sounds pretty funny. It would make a cute & silly children's book. So do you guys go into Flin Flon a lot? Every time I see that name it makes me laugh a little.
Flin Flon. :D What a crazy name for a town.

I'm looking forward to talking with you, but you'll get this on Monday, so It was great to talk with you! Ha ha!