Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Keep It Out

Given that my blog posts tend to run a bit long, I've decided to challenge myself and make this blog post my shortest ever. Already, I've sabotaged myself by making this blog post two sentences longer than it needed to be.

All the water in the world,
However hard it tried,
Could never sink the smallest ship
Unless it [gets] inside.

And all the evil in the world,
The blackest kind of sin,
Can never hurt you the least bit
Unless you let it in.

Author Unknown

Keep it out. Don't even think about it. I know it's everywhere and I know it's pervasive, but try to keep it out. And if it gets in, bail it out as soon as possible. Just as water weighs down a ship, sin weighs down our souls. It can sink us, and it will certainly slow us down. Don't let it in.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

concise and thoguhtful
We must be vigilant. And bail.