Sunday, February 1, 2015

Advance Warning

Forty-Five minutes ago, I was woken up (I was kind of already awake, but I was pinned under a cat that I was petting) and I was told that we would be leaving for church about and hour after I was woken up. Pretty soon, actually.

I wonder how much, or rather how little, advance warning we'll get when the Savior comes again. Will we have time to take a shower before we stand before Jesus, or at leas change our clothes? Will we have time to wash our hands before we meet Jesus, or will He see, when He comes, how dirty they are, as if He doesn't already know. Will we even have time to stop doing whatever we're doing, or will our last act before the Millennium be chosen almost at random; being whatever we were doing at a randomly-selected time on a randomly-selected day.

For some of us, I doubt that there will be any advance warning at all. Some of us might have a few minutes to wash our hands and change our clothes, but none of us will have as much advance warning as we would like to have.

Then again, we've already been given our advance warning. We know He's coming. We know He's coming soon. We know that nobody knows exactly when He'll get here, or where He'll appear first when He does. We have been warned in advance that we need to get ready now, because we may not get any advance warning when the time comes. If you're not ready to meet the Savior right now, you might want to spend the next few minutes trying to get ready, because it's entirely possible that the Second Coming is only a few minutes away.

I hope that I'll be ready when the Savior comes. I think I'm mostly ready at this moment, considering that my efforts at repentance have been sincere, but still, I think I could use a little bit more time to purify my heart a little bit more before I stand before the person who died for my many sins. It's scary to think how close the Second Coming might be. Since it's possible that I might not get any advance warning when the time comes, I'm going to try to get ready now, and keep myself ready, in case He comes when I least expect Him.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I love your spiritual insight into everyday things. Thank you for sharing and helping to me consider more on things of the spirit.