Sunday, November 15, 2015

Body and Soul

You may have noticed that I didn't blog yesterday. This isn't the first time this has happened, and I don't feel bad about it. (Though, that might be a blogworthy and sobering lesson about the risk of repeated infractions, but that's not what I want to blog about this morning.) The reason I don't feel bad about not blogging yesterday is that I didn't really get much of a chance. I left home before I had time to blog. I brought my laptop with me, but the only time I had a chance to use it, I was babysitting. By the time I got home, it was 1am, so instead of blogging, I just went to bed.

A large part of the reason I blog is because it's good for my spirit, but a person's spirit is closely connected to their body. Anything that affects a person's body will also have an effect on their spirit, and usually, the effect is similar in that an event or action that's positive for one will likely be positive for the other, and an event or action that's negative for one would likely be negative for the other. Blogging is good for my spirit, and it might be good for my body, too, but last night, staying up any later was definitely going to be bad for my body, which would have reduced, if not counteracted, whatever positive effect I would have gotten out of blogging.

I feel like I still owe you and God a blog post for yesterday. Thankfully, I was given another blogworthy thought I might share, so I'll probably blog about it later today, but for now, I need to quickly get ready for church so I can be on time for choir.

No comments: