Friday, May 13, 2016

Blessings We Don't See


This is a lot of text for a picture quote, and it isn't even attributed to anybody, but I just love this message. I've blogged about this concept once before, when I blogged about Prince Philip's escape from the Forbidden Mountain in Sleeping Beauty. During that escape, the three good fairies completely nullified three or most obstacles that could have killed him, but they removed those obstacles so thoroughly that if Philip hadn't been paying attention, he might not have even noticed them.

I wonder how much God does that for us. How many problems does He shield us from? How many hardships do we end up never having to face? We face plenty of hardships, sure. That's kind of the point of being here. But I wonder how much harder life on earth would be if God stepped back completely and didn't help us at all.

I don't want to find out.

So, even though life feels hard sometimes, I am going to thank God that it isn't any worse. I'm sure that He has always been pulling for me and helping me more than I could ever know. I'm sure that He has given me far more blessings than I deserve or even know about, and I should thank Him for them. Like much of the work that most Moms do, I'm sure that a lot of God's work goes underappreciated. So I am going to make an effort to appreciate the good things in my life, including the ones I don't notice.

No comments: