Monday, May 30, 2016

Repentance and How Not To Blog

Every time I have trouble blogging, the problem essentially boils down to the observation that I should have blogged earlier, when I was mentally awake enough to write a decent blog post. However, in my defence, I didn't have much of an opportunity for that today. I left pretty early in the morning, I was tired in the afternoon, and I wasn't home at all in the evening. I suppose I could have blogged this afternoon, which would have saved me from having to blog now, but it didn't occur to me that I would be even more tired now than I was then. I even thought of something I could blog about, but by the time I came up with the idea, it was time to go. I'm not sure I could have blogged earlier today.

Still, there are many other days in which I could blog earlier, and on those days, I really should. I used to blog in the mornings, considering a blog post "late" if I posted it after noon, but now, I just try to get a blog post in before midnight. This, of course, is a bad plan. The longer I wait to blog each day, the harder blogging gets.

It reminds me of repentance. The earlier we repent, the less difficult it is, and unlike our daily measurement of hours, we never know at what point it'll become too late to repent. Our lives could end at any moment. If we have any sins we need to repent of, it would be better to take care of them before then. And the increasing difficulty of repentance only increases the importance of repenting as soon as possible.

With blogging, I always know exactly how much time I have left to get a blog post in before it's considered late, but I have no idea how much brain power I'll have with which to blog. For instance, right now, I have an idea of what to blog about. I've had the idea for hours. But I've been having trouble articulating my thoughts, and being terribly tired probably doesn't help with that. I'll blog about getting cake tomorrow morning. In the meantime, the best you'll get from me is this blog post about why this isn't a good blog post and about how we shouldn't follow my blogging habits when it comes to repenting.

No comments: