Friday, October 21, 2016

Maintaining the Connection


Sunday, October 16, 2016
The storm on Saturday took out our local connection to the Internet, which made me unable to blog that day. But even with our Internet out, I still found a way to connect to it. In the past, I was able to blog from school or from a McDonald's. I browsed the Internet on Saturday, before the Internet went out. I looked something up on my phone on Sunday. And during the week, I was able to use my school's computers to access the Internet to do homework. Even without easy, convenient access to the Internet, we can figure it out.

We should be just as resourceful when it comes to connecting with God. Thanks in part to the Internet, we have access to multiple books of scripture at our fingertips. If we include General Conference talks, the amount of scripture we have access to is nearly immeasurable, and growing by the year. In addition, we can always, always, pray. We can always talk to God, and He can always talk to us (though He usually respects our wishes if we prefer to keep our distance). Our connection to God can be much stronger, and much more dependable, than our connection to the Internet.

I'm grateful for my brief stint without easy access to the Internet, and I'm thankful that I've still usually been able to connect to the Internet anyway, but I'm more thankful that I can always connect with God. I need Him a lot more than I need the Internet, so I should try even harder to stay connected to Him than I try to stay connected to the Internet. I constantly carry on my person a device that will allow me to connect to the Internet from anywhere. I should be just as devoted to maintaining my connection with God.

No comments: