Tuesday, December 20, 2016

A Quick Quote About Potential

I'm pretty tired, so I'm just going to share a General Conference quote that my mom shared on Facebook and call it a night.

With all my capacity I encourage you to discover who you really are. I invite you to look beyond the daily routine of life. I urge you to discern through the Spirit your divinely given capacities. I exhort you to prayerfully make worthy choices that will lead you to realize your full potential.
Elder Richard G. Scott, Realize Your Full Potential, October 2003.

One thing I like about this quote is that it highlights the fact that we have divinely-given capabilities. We have natural gifts, sometimes referred to as talents, that God gave us perhaps even before we were born. These gifts frequently correspond to our life-long callings -- that for which we were specifically sent to Earth to do. If we can discover and develop our talents, we can use that information to discern what God sent us here to do, and we will be better prepared to do it. If we do that, we can fulfil our callings and thus reach our full earthly potential. We should all follow Elder Scott's advice by trying to discover our talents and figure out how God intends for us to use them. If we do, we can fulfil our earthly purposes, live a fulfilling life, and achieve our full earthly potential in the process.

No comments: