Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Need to Be Humble

Today's Light the World challenge was to be humble. Some of the suggestions were to learn to laugh at yourself and to be open to learning something new. I'm not sure how well I succeeded at that. Tonight, at my sister's suggestion, I made dinner, but I quickly grew impatient with my sister's guidance and instruction, and when the meal seemed to have turned out badly, I grew sullen. I could have handled that whole dinner situation better had I been more humble. 10 for 13.

However, I can gain and practice humility by learning from this experience. This is something I can work on. And if I'm humble enough to accept that I need to learn humility, that will help me develop that trait.

I should learn to be more patient when receiving directions, and I certainly need to improve my attitude in general, and particularly toward myself. Learning to be more light-hearted and more willing to listen to others' counsel will make my life smoother and bring me more peace. I'm grateful that I had this opportunity to learn this about myself. Now, hopefully, I'll be humble enough to accept and work on my need to become more humble.

No comments: