Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Life is a Thrill Ride

I think I finally understand, to some extent, why we were excited to have an opportunity to experience mortal life. Up until now, I had thought that we would be nervous and worried about it. We didn't know exactly what we were getting ourselves into. We knew it would be dangerous and, by our previous standards, at least mildly unpleasant. And yet, I've heard that, when we heard this plan, we shouted for joy. I think that I am now beginning to understand why.

Life is like a thrill ride. It's frightening, especially when we're experiencing it, but it's a great experience. By the time it's over, we may find that it doesn't seem as long or as scary as it felt while it was happening. In fact, we may find that it was an exciting and fulfilling experience. It may not be the sort of experience we enjoy while we're having it, but I think it's the sort of experience we'll be glad we had once it's over, if not earlier, and I think that we were looking forward to that.

I didn't think I would enjoy thrill rides, and I'm not sure I enjoyed them much while I was on them, but after I got off, I was glad I had gotten on, and I'm looking forward to the thrill rides I'm going to go on tomorrow. Life is a wild ride, and it sometimes gets a little rough, but it's a ride that I think we knew, even back then, would be worth riding.

No comments: