Thursday, January 3, 2019

Never Hesitate to Seek Heaven's Help


Tonight, I've seen quotes from both Elder Bednar and President Hinckley both basically saying that we shouldn't burn ourselves out, trying to become perfect on our own. We need to Lord's help, and we need to be willing to regularly, frequently ask for it. Sometimes, I wonder how much help God is willing to grant me and how much He expects me to do on my own. I know that the purpose of life is growth, and I can't grow if God is constantly doing everything for me. I often foolishly assume that God expects me to solve all my problems on my own, when He's actually more than willing to lend a hand from time to time, if only I would remember to ask. So I'm going to follow President Hinckley's counsel and not hesitate to ask for help when I need it, or even just when I think that it might help. God is probably willing to help me more often than I realize, and He certainly had been willing to help me more times than I've asked. I should ask for God's help more often. Who knows? I might just get it.

No comments: