Monday, March 15, 2010

March 15, 2010

Dear Home,

I have received an abundance of blessings (particularly in the form of mail from home) this past week. I once again feel that I don't deserve the letters that I get because the letters that I send back are so few and far between. Oh, if only there was more time for writing letters, like there was in Prince Albert. But the good news is that I'll probably be transferred soon, since by the end of this transfer, I'll have been serving here for about 6 months, so I may be getting a companion that believes that writing letters home is a greater priority than the things my current companion likes to do on P-Days. But I won't worry about the things that are wrong with the world right now. I'm in a good mood and I don't want to spoil that.

About... -thinks back- two nights ago, that is, Saturday night, Brother Wanner put on a Celtic music concert in the church's cultural hall. It was a BIG success, as far as I'm concerned. The music was amazing. What talent there is in this city! And in the members of the ward, most of whom thought they had no musical talent. It seems that most people incorrectly assume that they don't sing well enough for others to enjoy hearing them. Those people are figuratively burying their talents by not using their gifts to please the heart and gladden the soul. Hundreds of people are missing out on great blessings because those that have the ability to bless their lives have jumped to the conclusion that they have nothing worth sharing. How very tragic. Join the choir. Make some joyful noise. Sing the praises of your Creator. Even if you appeal to no one else's ears, you will certainly please His, and He will find ways to thank you for sharing your talent with Him.

-sees the clock- Wait a second. How am I out of time already!? This is so upsetting! D= Too soon! I need more time!

I'll tell you my bus story anyway.

So my companion and I were trying to get to some guy's apartment, and we had to take a bus to get there. We got on a bus at a stop four blocks north of the apartment building we were going to, and the bus let us off right in front of the building. Great, right? Well, it would've been, but I had accidentally taken us to the wrong building. The building where this man /actually/ live was only two blocks south of where we got on the bus, and two blocks north of where we were at the moment I realized my mistake. Bottom line: We should've walked. But it didn't set us any farther back than where we were before, so it was no big deal. It was only the running through mud puddles to catch the next bus and ending up getting mud all over my suit pants that became a big deal. Fortunately, the mud wiped right off with a cloth, so that ended up not being a big deal either.

But now I really have to go. =(

Love, your time-constricted missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I'm glad everything worked out (in your bus story).

Don't worry about the letters. Everyone knows that you have a lot to do and I don't think anyone expects long individual letters.

It is always nice to hear how you are doing though & it's great that you have this blog set up to share your letters with everyone. (Thanks to Mom, too!)