Monday, March 29, 2010

March 29, 2010

Dear Home,
 
On Tuesday, durring District meeting, our District Leader, Elder Eyers (pronounced Airs) asked who felt like a champion that day. I did, so I volunteered. Then Elder Eyers pulled out a big chocolate cake and challenged me to eat the whole thing. At first, I didn't really see where he was getting at.
  What? So, you want me to eat the cake?
Yep. Eat the cake.
   The whole thing??
All of it.
   No way... I can't eat that whole thing!
Just try it!
  But I don't want to ruin it.
 
They cut me a slice, and I ate it, but I ate so fast I almost gagged. The moral of the story is that missionary work is so big, no one can do it all by themselves. We need to help each other out. So, we all had cake.
 
Not many note-worthy things happened on Wednesday, but on Thursday, I went on an exchange with Elder Eyers. It went alright, but whenever we went to a teaching appointment, the person we were supposed to be teaching wasn't there. It was really disappointing, and Elder Eyers got frustrated. Not that I blame him. He's extremely busy, even for a missionary. Seriously, all day long while I was with him, we were so busy running to and from appointments that we didn't even have time to stop and have lunch. Or dinner. It must be so hard being a District Leader. I don't think I'm up to it just yet. The mental and emotional stress would be too much for me.
 
Friday: I'm still with Elder Eyers. He wakes up with a killer headache (not a huge surprise, considering his stress levels). We couldn't work all morning and didn't leave the apartment until noon. Again, no time for lunch. He had a meeting to get to, and lots of appointments and exchanges after that. I feel sorry for that man. =/
 
Note: My mom asked me how I'm sleeping, and I've got to say that I'm sleeping pretty well. Sometimes I wake up before my alarm and can't get back to sleep, but other than that, I normally sleep well all through the night. It helps that this apartment has really comfortable beds. When I go on exchanges and spend the night in other places, I don't sleep quite as well.
 
Saturday: BAPTISM! =D Sister Stacy.... I can't spell her last name, enterred the waters of baptism and was confirmed the next day. That was so exciting. ^^ I'm glad I was able to be there. That one investigator, "Thomas", was able to come, too. He enjoyed it, and got a good taste for what his baptism will be like. =)
 
Something funny: Before the baptism, Elder Brown and I were sitting in the lobby, waiting for Tom. While we were waiting, a pigeon flies out of nowhere and runs right into the glass doors. It stood outside, looking dazed, then made a second attempt to get in, encountering the glass yet again. I got my camera out ((Note to Ben: You ALWAYS carry your camera as a missionary.), but before I could get a picture of the poor bird, someone walked up and scared it off. The pigeon bounced off the window again, for the third time, as he made his exit. I feel a little sorry for that bird, but I still can't help but laugh a little.
 
Sunday: As missionaries, we're instructed to clean out the fridge an throw away the moldy stuff every month. It doesn't ever happen THAT often, but my companion and I cleared the fridge and the freezer yesterday, and man, it is CLEAN now! There's not as much food in it now, but everything that's in there is well worth eating, AND we have a lot of freezer space for the ice cream we're going to buy today. I'm looking forward to that ice cream party this Saturday! But not as much as I'm looking forward to General Conference, of course! 0=)
 
My time is probably more than spent (I forgot to check the clock when I logged on), but I just wanted to add a note about Elder Orr. He's a new missionary that Elder Davidson is training this transfer, and he is SO funny! I really hope I get to serve with him. And what's more, he really wants to serve with me! I was pretty suprised when he told me that, but I was even more suprised when he told me that I was one of his three favorite missionaries. But then again, how many missionaries does he know? =P
 
Gotta go.
 
Love, your day-planning missionary, Elder Andrew Robarts

No comments: