Sunday, November 27, 2016

Team Robarts Rocks at Chair-Folding

I love my brothers. We work so well together. Our different strengths allow us to excel in a variety of situations, and our experience working together allows us to function well as a coordinated team.

Case in point, there was a fireside tonight, and, as usual, my brothers and I stayed together to put away the chairs afterwards. As Team Robarts, we knew the drill. The gold chairs went into a locked room on the stage and the brown chairs went onto carts that went under the stage. The first challenge was getting all the other volunteers on the same page. That was where I came in. I communicated the plan to the masses and got groups working on folding the chairs and getting them where they needed to be.

As for the actual execution of the plan, that largely rested on my younger brother. He was and is a powerhouse. His strength, speed, and ambition made it possible for him to work with extreme efficiency. I'm pretty sure he folded and carried more chairs than anyone else did tonight. He was a powerful and invaluable member of the team.

Meanwhile, my older brother was the brains of the outfit. He was the one who spotted problems and worked out solutions to them. He was a solid worker as well, folding and moving about as many chairs as anyone. His intelligence and wisdom kept the team running smoothly and made him a valuable member of the team as well.

There are other members of Team Robarts, and the team keeps growing every year. Each member of my family who was there this evening contributed to the chair-folding in their own way, and the each made Team Robarts stronger.

I love my family. I love that we have different and well-practised talents. I love that we work so well together in so many different situations. And though it may seem silly, when firesides end, one thing that makes me proud of my family is that we are really good at putting away chairs.

No comments: