Saturday, October 20, 2018

One Good Piece of Familial Advice

When I heard Elder Bangerter's talk for the first time, the piece of familial advice he gave that stood out to me most was to "never leave [y]our home or end a telephone conversation without saying, 'I love you.'" This strikes me as good advice for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that one never knows which "goodbye" will be your last, but even if it isn't your last goodbye, it makes sense to end it by expressing love. We should frequently express our love for each other. Sharing love is one of the many purposes of families. And when you're saying goodbye is as good a time as any to make sure your family knows that you love them. So, I'm going to try to put this good advice into practice. I'm going to make a point of saying "I love you" to every family member I see tomorrow, if only when saying goodbye. And I hope to make saying "I love you" a more regular part of my daily routine, because I do love my family, and I should regularly tell them that.

No comments: