Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Struggling to Juggle

They say that when life gets too hard to stand, we should kneel, and that when we don't feel like praying, we should pray anyway. This is probably good advice for me right now. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. I often feel like I'm being pulled in so many different directions (only a handful of which being places I actually want to go), I have no idea at what point I might just snap.

I've been advised to use a single list or calendar for all of my responsibilities and obligations, so it's a bit less taxing to keep track of them all. I know that I should also keep my problems in perspective. Most people have more problems than I have, and many people have more separate groups of obligations. It's not like my challenges are anything special or unique to me. At least a handful of people must have sets of challenges that are similar to mine, but much more intense. So, I'm not complaining. Given the choice between my life and the life of another randomly-selected human being, I'd probably take my life. I'm relatively lucky.

But I still have challenges, and despite my blessings, I still find my trials challenging. In a way, that's kind of the point. Our trials are supposed to be challenging. If they weren't, life would hardly be a real test, as it wouldn't make us stretch or grow as much. Such of the purposes of life depend on the same types of difficulties with which I now struggle. This is something I need to learn how to live with and endure on a long-term basis. Hopefully, that single-calendar idea can take some of the edge off of my current struggle, because having many different obligations and responsibilities hanging over my head at once is probably something that I'm going to have to get used to.

No comments: