Tuesday, December 4, 2018

"Don't Forget..."

Tonight, as I was making myself some hot chocolate, I noticed something that greatly frustrated me: A problem has reemerged. Specifically, The Mysterious Water Problem. Fortunately, the problem is no longer mysterious, and I immediately knew how to fix it. Unfortunately, the solution was still taxing and irritating, and I was already tired. The hot chocolate helped improve my energy level and mood, and my brother helped me clean up as well. As my brother and I wrapped up the first phase of cleanup and were about to call it a night, my brother told me "Don't forget your hot chocolate." I responded by saying that, in the face and wake of this kind of problem, I definitely wasn't going to forget my hot chocolate. However, that reminded me of something I had forgotten. I had forgotten to pray.
When sore trials came upon you,
Did you think to pray?
When your soul was full of sorrow,
Balm of Gilead did you borrow
At the gates of day?

Oh, how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day.
So, when life gets dark and dreary,
Don’t forget to pray.
Finding water on the counter (again) is a relatively minor trial, but I was certainly sore of it. I wasn't "full of sorrow," but I was definitely weary. I had a very good reason to pray for grace, patience, and help, but I didn't. I just gulped down a few mouthfuls of hot chocolate, banged my head against the wall a few times, and got to work. Praying definitely would have helped me, yet I had forgotten to do it. It hadn't even crossed my mind. I hope that, the next time I face a frustrating trial, I remember this experience and, more importantly, remember to pray for help.

No comments: