Friday, December 21, 2018

The Zeal of the Legion

One thing I failed to consider when I discussed the advantages of the Azorius Senate over the Boros Legion is the extent of their motivation. From what I can tell, the Azorius obey and enforce the law mostly because it's the law. Some of them write and enforce laws that they hope will make Ravnica a better place, but many of them enforce the law largely because it's their job. The Boros, on the other hand, seem more passionate about it. Many of them are actively trying to do good, and few of them are "just doing their job." I think that's part of what I've been missing lately: Passion, Activity, Zeal. In addition to Azorius discipline, I could use a good deal of Boros zeal to help me stay motivated. It's been said that all evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing. The Boros don't fall for that. The Boros are anxiously engaged in their work. I should be more like that. As long as Satan is trying to make me lethargic, I would do well to fight back with zeal.

No comments: