Friday, May 17, 2019

Blogging After Eleven Again

I keep finding myself in the same situation. It's the end of the day, less than an hour until midnight, trying to crank out a blog post before the calendar changes. Sometimes, I have no idea what to blog about. Sometimes, I have an idea of what to blog about, but I don't think I can do the idea justice. I often get too tired to really focus on putting coherent thoughts together, so I just ramble on for a little while about any vaguely blogworthy thought I can think of.

That's no way to do this. You deserve better blog posts, and I'd get more benefit out of them, too. I should have a sleep schedule that doesn't keep me up past midnight every night, and it might help me feel less stressed and cranky, too. There are many benefits to blogging earlier, so why don't I?

I think it's mostly that I procrastinate it. There are other things I'd rather be doing, and sometimes I do those things first. I still need to remember that one's priorities don't always dictate the order of one's actions. Just because I have a strong desire to do something, that doesn't mean I should do that thing first. Besides, I should think of blogging as a higher priority than just some evening chore, especially since I can't go to bed until I do it.

This is all just to say, yet again, that I should learn to blog earlier. I already know that I should. Unfortunately, it can take a long time for messages to sink in, and it can take even longer to overcome bad habits and form good habits in their place. When I'm less tired, I'll try to think of ways to foster the habit of blogging earlier. For now, I think I'll call this "blog post" good enough so I can go to bed.

No comments: