Monday, August 31, 2020

Ponderize - For Purpose, Protection, and Power

"I promise you will not regret writing a verse of scripture on your mind and heart each week. You will experience a feeling of perpetual spiritual purpose, protection, and power." - President Devin G. Durrant, "My Heart Pondereth Them Continually", October 2015

Finally, a promised blessing I actually want.

In this General Conference talk, President Durrant, First Counselor in the Sunday School General Presidency, invited us to "ponderize" one verse of scripture each week. This means to ponder and reflect on a selected verse, and ultimately memorize it over the course of the week. If we do that, President Durrant promised, we "will experience a feeling of perpetual spiritual purpose, protection, and power." That, to me, sounds like a prize worth fighting for.

This week, I will ponderize Ephesians 6:10, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." It's the verse right before Paul tells the Ephesians about the Armor of God, which is on brand for me. And I hope that ponderizing this verse about God's power will help me gain the power I need in my life.

No comments: