Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Example

The Children's Hymn, Love is Spoken Here, begins with a child's account of the mother praying in the home:

I see my mother kneeling with our family each day.
I hear the words she whispers as she bows her head to pray.
Her plea to the Father quiets all my fears,
And I am thankful love is spoken here.

One thing I love about my mother is that she's so faithful in leading us in family prayer every morning and evening. Some mornings, it would be so easy to forget to have family prayer, but Mom doesn't forget. As soon as everyone is up, she says cheerfully, "We can have family prayer!" And we do, all because Mom is so faithful at keeping it together.

In this video, Elder M. Russell Ballard quotes President Joseph F. Smith who recalls a childhood experience witnessing the righteous example of his mother.





I love what President Smith said after relating the experience, "Do you not think that these thing make an impression upon the mind? Do you think I can forget the example of my mother? No, her faith and example will be ever bright in my memory."

The same is true for me. I will always think of my Mom as a good, righteous person who'd want me to also do the right thing. I'm so grateful for the example my mother has always set for me.

No comments: