Wednesday, August 7, 2013

He Conquered

It took me about about an hour, which surprised me, considering the spiritual nature of many of my friends, but I finally found something on Facebook that I felt was worth blogging about:




This isn't my favorite picture of Jesus, but I LOVE the message.

Now, there are a few whispering doubts in the back of my head telling me that this isn't true, 'sure, He conquered, but you can't,' and the nagging doubts are even kind enough to give me reasons why this can't be true. I'll address each concern systematically.

He had an angel helping Him

So do I. Possibly more than one. You remember that talk by Elder Holland a year of two back. Such divine help is never far away - from anyone.


He was the Son of God

So am I (sort of). I am a Spirit Son of God, filled with the divine potential to become just like Him.

He was the Son of God

You've got me there, but what's your point?

He can do things you can't

Of course He can. I can't walk on water or turn it into wine, but that's okay. I don't need to do that. I don't need to bear the weight of the world. I only need to bear up my burdens. And Christ made it possible for me to do that.

By suffering for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus took our burden onto His back, and He gives just enough weight back to us to give us enough of a challenge to make us strong. Sometimes, it seems like too much, but that's only because we listen to the nagging voices in the backs of our heads. If we listen to the Spirit, He will tell us You can do this.

I'm grateful for the power God has given me and the example His Son has set. I pray for the courage to use it, and this reminder really helps.

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

Awesome

Sariah said...

If I believe He can do all things, then I also have to believe He can help me do all things, too. I can't do it myself, but with Him, I can do anything He asks of me.