Sunday, August 11, 2013

Let Us Never Forget to Pray


Last time I looked for something on Facebook worth sharing here, it took me over an hour. This time, it only took me a few minutes. Here's the image. I hope the size isn't too bad.


"Let us never forget to pray. God lives. He is near. He is real. He is our Father. He is accessible to all who will seek Him." -Gordon B. Hinckley

I'm not sure when he said this, so I can't actually be sure that he did, but it sounds like the kind of thing he would say.

I like this message because it serves two purposes, both of which I regularly need. First, it's a good reminder to pray. I blogged yesterday about having forgotten to pray that morning, and that wasn't the only time I forgot or felt I was too busy or too tired. Sadly, I frequently forget my "daily" prayers. "Let us never forget to pray."

The second purpose this message serves for me is reminding me about my relationship with God. Some would say that in order to have a strong relationship with someone, you need to communicate frequently, and I agree. But God is also my Heavenly Father, and that relationship will endure whether I remember to communicate with Him or not. No matter what I do, or fail to do, He still loves me, He's still my Father, and He still wants to hear from me. Even when I let Him down, He still wants to talk to me, to help me. "He is accessible to all who will seek Him."

I love President Gordon B. Hinckley. He was the President of the church for much of my life. I'm grateful for what he has taught us, and I hope I can remember and apply at least some of it.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Great thoughts, thanks for sharing! :-)

Goodreads quotes this statement as from his book, Standing for Something--awesome read, I highly recommend it.