Thursday, January 1, 2015

Blogging Sooner or Later in 2015

Now that I've completed a full month of Christmas-related blog posts, I think it's about time I got back to another theme that I had picked up and then dropped a few months ago - General Conference. As I recall, I blogged about General Conference in most of my blog posts in October and maybe half of my posts in November, but I haven't even touched on General Conference in all of December, and I have three or four full sessions to blog about and only a few months left until next Conference. Unfortunately, it seems I'm off to a poor restart. Having stayed up too late last night, I slept in too early this morning, then did too little through most of today,  and now it's two hours to midnight and I haven't blogged yet. Clearly, I didn't plan today very well. Tomorrow, I'll blog in the morning, as per my norm.

Unfortunately, starting toward the end of this month, blogging in the morning will not be my norm anymore. Due to my class schedule, I'll soon be busy most mornings, so I'll have to blog later in the day. Unfortunately, I haven't proven to be very good at that, so I have two options. Option one, I could learn to become better at blogging in the afternoon rather than putting it off until late at night, or Option two, I could learn to blog much earlier than normal, and get my blog posts done in time for me to go to school. As is usually the case between any two good ideas, the best plan I can come up with is a compromise between the two. I'll try to get may blog posts done earlier in the morning - blogging from General Conference talks, which only take 15 minutes to watch and always contain something blogworthy, should help with that - and if I fail, I can just complete the blog post whenever I can later that day, preferably as soon as possible, so as to avoid ending up writing blog posts at 11 O'clock at night. Still, I haven't missed may days of blogging, and January 1, 2015 will not be added to that short list, and that means something, at least to me.

Tomorrow morning, expect to see a blog post about Elder Holland's talk, Are We Not All Beggars? before 8 am. In fact, you may see that blog post before you see this one. Of course, I may fail, and end up with a blog post that's a few minutes to many hours late, as has happened before, but New Year's is a good time to set new goals for yourself or recommit yourself to goals you've previously set. This evening, I commit myself to blogging as soon as possible tomorrow morning, at least as early as 8 am, if possible. It may be difficult, other obligations or technical obstacles may get in my way, but I'll try. I know I can do it because I've done it before, and I'll have to do it again and again once school starts, so I'd better get used to it now.

I'd also better go get some sleep. I've got a blog post to finish no more than nine hours from now, and I'd like to get at least seven hours of sleep between now and then. The clock is ticking. See you tomorrow!

No comments: