Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Peaceful Hymn

It took me WAY too long to find this blog post, but I knew I had already blogged about the song about which I'm about to blog, and I figured that I should look up what I had said about it previously before I blogged about it again.

The song is called "My Shepherd Will Supply my Need." It's a sweet, peaceful song that helps me feel the Spirit when I think about it, partly because it's so peaceful. The second verse of the song sets the theme nicely.
When I walk through the shades of death
His presence is my stay;
One word of His supporting grace
Drives all my fears away.
His hand, in sight of all my foes,
Doth still my table spread;
My cup with blessings overflows,
His oil anoints my head.
The hymn sings of protection and providence. It sings of the grace and goodness of God. It reminds us that even if things are bleak, God will be there with us to help us get through our troubling times.

The signs of the Second Coming warn of troubling times for everyone, including the faithful, but hymns like this can help us retain our faith, even when times are hard, and help us trust that God'll get us through our trials. Life is not always going to be peaceful, but as we remember God and continue to turn to Him, He can fill our hearts, if not our lives, with peace.

No comments: