Monday, June 1, 2015

Why I Should Blog in the Morning

I really ought to blog in the mornings. I had a chance to blog yesterday morning, but I was lazy and missed my opportunity. Part of my problem is that I assumed I'd get another chance after church, but due to a few technical difficulties, that didn't happen. I guess the bottom line is that you never know which chance will be your last chance, so if you're going to do something, you had better do it while you still can.

But an even better reason for me to blog in the morning is to get my day off to a good start. When I started this blog, I had the idea that when I blogged, I'd be sharing spiritual insights that I could continue to ponder throughout the day. This would help me have the Spirit with me, which would have a host of other benefits. This has worked in the past, and I enjoyed working out the answers to spiritual questions raised in one blog post and answered in another. Blogging used to be my opportunity to connect to the Spirit. Now, I'm afraid I just see it as a chore.

Perhaps the shift from beneficial exercise to time-consuming chore started when I started to grow casual about blogging. When I wasn't able to (or was too lazy to) blog in the morning, I told myself that that was alright because I could just blog later. I didn't give my blog the respect it deserves, and many of us, myself included, are probably making the same mistake with scripture study. How often, when we read the scriptures, do we just read them, without considering the messages God is trying to share with us and without tapping into the spiritual blessings that scripture study can bring. Reading the scriptures without thinking about them is probably no more beneficial than reading any other book, and blogging just because I have to blog every day probably isn't any more beneficial than any other form of typing practice. I want to get more out of my blog than simply knowing where each letter's keys are, and you deserve interesting and insightful blog posts, not just apologies for my blog posts being lame and late.

During this month, I'm going to put a renewed effort into blogging early and well. I'm going to recenter my mind on spiritual matters and share thoughts that are actually worth sharing. I'm going to have spiritual insights, record them, and share them, so we can all benefit from them, including myself. I benefit from this blog more than any of you probably do, and that's lucky for me because I really need the blessings that come from blogging. This blog is important to me. I think it's time that I proved that importance by giving my blog first-thing-in-the-morning priority.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Good! Good for you, good for me, good for all your readers.