Saturday, August 8, 2015

Normal is Normal

A friend of mine shared part of this quote with me the other day, then another friend, my mom, shared the rest of it on Facebook.


Most of life isn't wonderful or extraordinary. A lot of the time, life is as uninteresting as a train going down a track. Its speed is steady, its course, predictable, and it can easily become monotonous and dull. Life does have its exiting moments, but most of life isn't composed of moments like that; and that's okay. Life isn't going to always be either wonderful or terrible. Most of the time, life just is what it is, and that's okay. Today, for example, nothing really interesting happened. I didn't have any really interesting experiences, nothing blogworthy, but there's nothing wrong with that. Today was a normal, decent day, and I'm okay with that. Today was a good day. It wasn't awesome, but it was alright. If most of my life turned out average, like today did, I think I could live with that.

No comments: