Thursday, September 10, 2015

God Can Make Us Awesome

To continue quoting President Uchtdorf,
Another element of God’s grace is the opening of the windows of heaven, through which God pours out blessings of power and strength, enabling us to achieve things that otherwise would be far beyond our reach.
We are already pretty capable. We can do some amazing things. What's really awesome, though, is that, with God's help, we can do all things. When we follow God's teachings, we are strengthened and empowered by Him, making us capable of more amazing things than we could already do. But it gets even better! When we are on the Lord's errand, He opens up windows of opportunity for us, making ways for us to accomplish things that otherwise would have been impossible for us, even with super-human abilities. We can even perform miracles, if God needs us to.

This, I'll admit, is part of the reason I want to follow my God and Savior. I'm already a pretty cool guy, capable of us great things. but if I follow Them, They can make me truly awesome.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

I guess that is much of what life is about. We want to become like our awesome Father of our Spirits.