Wednesday, September 30, 2015

No Hobby Time Tomorrow

Being a college student keeps you busy. Being a college student with a part-time job and a hobby keeps you even busier. But what really keeps you up late, working on writing assignments that are due at midnight, is not knowing how to manage your time. I know I could have blogged earlier today. I also could have studied for the two quizzes I'll have to take tomorrow. But that would have meant taking time away from the things I wanted to do, and in the heat of the moment, I lacked the wisdom to do that.

Thankfully, I think it'll work out. I got my writing assignment done, I've done the reading for the first quiz, and I'll have a few hours to study up before I take the second. I should be alright. But tomorrow, I'm going to have to make up for the work I should have done today, which means that I'm going to read my textbook, take my quizzes, and work on my essays - no matter what else I'd rather be doing.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...


When we were kids we could hardly wait to grow up so we could do whatever we wanted. Ha ha ha. Grown-ups have to do what needs doing. The trick is trying to learn to manage our lives so that we want to do what needs doing (at least some of the time), get our priorities right, have time for loved ones, and also some R&R. I think for many of us, this is a life long learning process. For me, it is a struggle to manage the basics.