Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Good Friends

This morning, at Institute, the devotional we watched focussed on the importance of quality friendships. The speaker said that American young adults who use Facebook have an average of over 600 friends. I don't have that many friends on Facebook, but that's alright with me because the friends that I do have are good ones. In my opinion, it's not the number of friendships you have, but the quality of your friendships that really matter. I was recently shown that I have at least a handful of friends that are of the highest quality a man could hope for: friends who are uplifting, supportive, and encouraging. They helped me get through a little slump I was in, and it was really comforting to know that I know people who would take the time to do that for me. I'm really thankful to have such good friends to help me when I need them, and I hope that I can be there for them when they need me. I may not have the most friends in the world, but the friends I have are the best.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

You are a rich man because you have quality friends (like attracts like) and you appreciate them. Friendly associates/contacts are nice to have. Quality friends who uplift you are treasures. You, my son, are such a friend to me.