Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Praying for Help with Blogging

I wonder how much of life we make harder for ourselves by not asking for help. I just spent an hour not knowing what I should blog about, then I finally said to myself, "Oh, come on. I've got to find something to blog about." That was about as close to a prayer for help as I had gotten up to that point, and the answer was "Well, have you prayed about it?" No, I had not. I now wonder how quickly I might have thought of something if I had.

As I occasionally remind myself, I need to get into the habit of praying more. I'd like to strengthen my relationship with God, and I think that praying regularly would help with that. Plus, I'm sure there would be other benefits, such as getting help seeing spiritual messages and remembering them when it's time to blog to blog about something. Praying frequently, especially when we could use a hand, is a great way to draw closer to God and encourage Him to help us.

Plus, there's almost never a good reason not to ask for help. Even if we could do a thing on our own, and even if God expects us to do it without help, it couldn't hurt to ask. So often, we think that we can handle our problems ourselves or that God doesn't care about our problems, but neither of those ideas are true. God knows that we could use a hand from time to time, and He's perfectly willing to lend it, but, respecting our agency, He waits for us to ask Him for help, which we then almost never to.

God's never going to leave us helpless. He will always be there for us, willing to lend a helping hand. All we have to do to get God's help most of the time is to remember to ask for it.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Amen! So true. We also need to remember to say "thank you" more often.