Monday, February 1, 2016

Misery is Optional

It's late, and I'm kind of tired, so I think I'll just share an image that I found on Facebook, maybe write about it for a paragraph or so, and then call it a night.



The bad news is that we will all have problems in our lives. The good news is that those problems don't have to define or ruin our lives. We can choose to be optimistic and cheerful, despite our trials. Sometimes, that is a very difficult choice to make, but it's always a choice we can make. In God's perfect plan for our ultimate happiness, we will have to experience trials and tribulations, but that doesn't necessarily mean that we'll also have to experience misery.

2 comments:

Rozy Lass said...

I don't remember where I heard it, but someone referred to mortality as a boarding school away from our heavenly home. That metaphor resonated with me and I have used it ever since. While at school we are subjected to tests of all kinds and sizes. Some are open book tests, some are pop quizzes that are total surprises. We are assigned "term papers" and "book reports" to complete as well as lots of "labs". We have individualized study programs and all graduate at different times according to the knowledge of our Head Master. This imagery has helped me not fear death or grieve for loved ones. Graduates get to go HOME!!! Believing that our tests are tailor made for us by a God knows our strengths and weaknesses can help us endure and pass them too. Many times the "depression" we feel is simply homesickness and loneliness while away from home at boarding school.

motherof8 said...

Well said, Rozy Lass!