Sunday, August 7, 2016

Helmet Hair

I almost broke the law and endangered my life today. I always, always, wear my helmet when I ride my bike, but this morning, I was going to ride my bike to church, and I had just styled my hair, so I was tempted to bike the short distance without my helmet so my hair wouldn't be messy when I got to church. But I knew that there was a chance that my nieces and nephews would see me, and I did not want them to see me riding my bike without a helmet. So I put a comb in my pocket and put my helmet on, planning to fix my hair when I got to church. As it turned out, I needn't have worried. When I got to church, I went into a restroom and looked in the mirror, only to see that my hair looked fine. I counted that as a little miracle for having made the right choice.

It's important to make good decisions, especially when others may be watching, which is always, because angels are always watching us. When we make good decisions, God rewards us with blessings. They may not be the blessings we expect or hope for, but there are always blessings for choosing the right. And in my case, my blessing for wearing my helmet was getting a surprisingly good case of helmet hair.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Actually, I think the law only applies to cyclists under 18 years old, so you wouldn't have been doing anything illegal, but it's still a safer choice, and a good example.