Saturday, February 11, 2017

Taking It On Faith

For a few days now, I've been trying to wrap my head around something that I don't know if I'll ever understand. Now, I could spend hours trying to explain the various arguments I've heard and discuss the many questions and theories that have crossed my mind lately, but I'm not sure how helpful any of that would be. Besides, it'd take so much time! For now, I think I'm going to have to be content with knowing that I'm not going to understand it any time soon, and that this is just one of those things that I'm going to have to take on faith. Some might consider that foolish, and maybe it is. Maybe God wants me to try and puzzle it out. But I'm not going to figure it out. At least, not tonight. For tonight, I'm just going to have to accept that the teachings of the Gospel are true, even if this one particular teaching I've been thinking about doesn't seem to make logical sense. Maybe I'll have God explain it to me when I see Him next. In the meantime, I'll just take it on faith.

No comments: