Sunday, April 9, 2017

To Grow a Testimony

This morning, I heard that the best way to grow a testimony is to share it, and hearing that made me immediately think of my blog. When I started this blog a few years ago, I used it to share my testimony and insights. Since then, I've also started using it to share my questions and doubts. Now, there's nothing wrong from having questions. Some of the best revelations come from asking the right question at the right time. But there's nothing wrong with having faith, too, even when things don't seem to make any sense. It want this blog to help me grow my testimony, not weaken it. So, let me grow my testimony by sharing it, or at least a part of it.

I know God is real. I know He reaches out to us to guide us. I know He wants to help us because He wants what's best for us, because He loves us.I know that we can trust Him, even when we have questions and doubts. We may wish that He would answer more of our questions, and when He doesn't, that may leave us with even more questions, and even some doubts, but even then, we can trust Him. I can trust Him.

As you may have gathered (and as I may have stated), there's some stuff I've been working through. I've had a personal concern and an unanswered question turn into a larger concern and a good deal of frustration on my part. I'm going through a trial of faith. And I want to pass it. Or at least a part of me does. But to pass it, I'm going to need more faith and more trust. So, over the next few days, I'm going to try to grow my testimony here, by bearing it.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Amen! Thank you and know that others are praying for you to have peace and strength. (and would welcome your prayers, too)